Human Machine Interface
Human Machine Interface aim at a better Human-machine interaction. Any automation system is said to be blind without HMI. HMI gives the ability to the operator, and the management to view the plant in real time. Add to that the ability to have alarm management that can warn the operator of a problem. It cam even log and print all the alarms in real time, which can help the management to improve the production and efficiency.
Today there exists many Human Machine Interface softwares that could be used to monitor, supervise and control process. What we are presenting here is just an overview of what could be achieved with most of these softwares.
So what are the main functionalities of an HMI. Well the HMI's main functionality is to monitor, supervise, and control processes. This could be used in a variety of industries such as food processing, sawmills, botteling, semiconductors, oil and gas, automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, transportation, utilities, an more. HMI software provides the process knowledge and control needed to perfect the products companies make and the processes they manage. It is said that a control without an HMI is a blind control.
Human Machine Interface can display texts, pictures, bar graphs, bitmap and animated pictures. More importantly it can also display System messages, reports, alarms, trends and manipulate string values and calculate boolean operations and more complex math operations. This flexibility reduces the task that the PLC
More and more manufacturing designers are recognizing the benefits of using Human Machine Interface to control and to operate their controls.
- Machine monitoring and control
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Control Center Monitoring, Tracking, and Control
- Building Automation and Security
- Electrical Substation Monitoring
- Pipeline Monitoring and Control
- Transportation Control Systems
- Batch Process Monitoring and Control
- Continuous Process Monitoring and Control
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Discrete Manufacturing and more...
- Representation of a plant in real time.
- Trending (Real-time / Historical)
- Alarms (Real-time / Historical)
- SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Lop Events
- Historical Data Logging and Browsing
- SQL Server 2000, Oracle, Sybase, ODBC support
- Networking and Redundancy
- Math and Logic
- Password protection and more...
- Wonderware (Intouch)
- Plantscape (Honeywell)
- Panel mate (Cuttler Hammer)
- RSView (Rockwell Automation) and more...