Programs / Routines
RSLogix 5000 software supports the ControlLogix architecture, and is the programming software for the Logix5550/55/61/63 controllers. This controller represents the new generation of control products from Allen-Bradley. The RSLogix 5000 package builds on the easy-to-use RSLogix 500 ladder editor to provide a programming environment that takes advantage of the features of the new architecture. RSLogix 5000 is compatible with programs created with any of Rockwell Softwares DOS-based programming packages, as well as with RSLogix 5 and 500.
RSLogix 5000 software functionality includes:
- Control Organizer that is an explorer like window that shows all the different parts of the program. The controller configuration, Tasks, Motion groups, Trends Data types and I/O configuration.
- It also includes a very sophisticated data handling such as arrays, user defined structure, which brings a tremendous flexibility to the way data is manipulated and worked with. This is really a big leap in how data is handled.
- I/O addressing is very simple specially when using aliasing that connects tags to input and output signals.
- RSLogix 5000 has a ladder logic editor that is similar to RSLogix 5 and RSLogix 5000, which make the migration very easy and natural. It does have the same advantage of point and click interface or via a text entry line which is very useful for advanced users.
- Drag-and-drop editing and navigation to quickly move data elements from one data file to another, rungs from one subroutine or project to another, or instructions from rung to rung within a project
- Diagnostic monitoring capability, including a status display of the current controller state, a program verification feature, and a robust data monitor
- Highly integrated motion support